Thursday, November 10, 2016

Life goes on

I don't like to get overly political on this blog. It really just annoys people and the fact that they're reading this is probably an indicator that they're trying to get away from all that other "stuff".

That being said, I am going to get a tad political.

I voted. I voted for someone I don't really care for. My heart wasn't in it; and my vote was a vote against the other candidate rather than a vote for the person I ended up pulling the lever for.

Now the election is over. And people are melting down. And that's a shame. We went through a peaceful election process on Tuesday and a majority of the people have spoken. Agree with them or not, that's how the election process works in a Representative Republic, which is what the United States of America is.

As a Constitutional Conservative, I was not happy with the result of the last two elections. In fact, I'm not thrilled with the outcome of this one, either.  But I would have really been unhappy had the loser ended up being the victor.

But even though I am disappointed that a candidate to my liking did not win, I will not go out into the streets and throw a spittle flecked temper tantrum. That didn't happen in 2008 or 2012.  In fact, in my lifetime, that's NEVER happened before. That's not how well educated adults behave.  Well educated adults will roll up their sleeves and will work hard to make sure a candidate they can support wins the NEXT election.

End of rant.  Thank God for Amateur Radio and QRP!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


No comments:

Post a Comment