Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rained out


I think good ol' Charlie Brown probably had a better day than I did.

The rain didn't come to an end here until 2:00 PM, an hour after FOBB began. I went with the plan of staying hive-bound, which didn't work out so well, either.  My wife Marianne decided to do some laundry, so I was not only fighting QSB on the bands, I was also fighting horrific washing machine QRM.  I could hear the "swish-swish" of the agitator in my ear buds.  Criminy!

I ended up making a paltry 15 QSOs.  W4MPS, Marc in North Carolina was by far the loudest signal I heard all day long. This is where the RBN skimers picked up my signals:


I am hoping and praying for better weather for the Skeeter Hunt.

The only bright side was that I was close to the snack drawer and the ice cold water in the refrigerator!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Larry,
    You did better than me. 11 QSO's 7 bees: storm chased me off the air at 3:45

    Don
    K4YND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry,

    I looked for you, but never found you. Now I know why. I quit at 3:30 PM. It was just too hot. No rain though, that was a good thing. All my QSOs were on 20 Meters. I heard nothing on 40 or 15. Can't wait for Skeeter Hunt!

    72,

    George
    K2WO

    ReplyDelete
  3. George,

    I heard you once ..... and called you. As soon as you came up out of the noise, that's as quickly as you disappeared again. I never heard you again for the rest of the afternoon after that one time. Maybe in August (fingers crossed!)

    Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry,

    Yeah, the band was weird all afternoon. I didn't have the noise and lightning static that you guys had, but the QSB was unbelievable. I'm sorry that I missed your call, I always like to work you during these events. Maybe conditions will be great for Skeeter Hunt. I'll look for you there. Have a great week.

    George
    K2WO

    ReplyDelete