Friday, July 29, 2016

QRPp making a comeback

I saw this on Facebook this morning, courtesy of Paul WW2PT:

"I have decided to start publishing QRPp again. I have decided to start publishing my QRP journal again. There will be some changes though. The only way that you can get a paper copy will be to attend a NorCal meeting, or write an article for QRPp.

The rest of the world will be able to get a copy by downloading a file from the Norcal QRP Yahoo Group or here on QRP-Tech. It will be posted here 1 week after the meeting. One of the reasons I stopped publishing was the hassle of mailing paper copies. It was a darn lot of work, and it was expensive. I realized that I can get around that problem by posting the file online, and everyone can download their own copy. It won't cost anyone a dime, and it will save me a lot of work and frustration.

I plan on doing it monthly, and it will be 12-16 pages in length. The emphasis will be on building. I plan on putting printable layouts of every circuit and project that I can in QRPp, so that anyone can make their own board. The guys on this list are very capable of doing that. My goal is to increase the building part of our hobby, and to provide another source of fun. I hope you will contribute and write for QRPp. The pay is lousy, (there isn't any) but you get world wide recognition and you keep the rights to everything you submit.

The first issue has articles by Steve "Snort Resin" Smith, WB6TNL, Chuck Adams, K7QO, and me, Doug Hendricks, KI6DS. The first issue will be posted Aug.9th. I hope you enjoy it. 72, Doug, KI6DS"

I, for one, joined the NorCal Yahoo Group.  It looks to be worth it.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment