Monday, June 20, 2016

Conditions are marginal

I went out to the Jeep at lunch time to hear what I could hear.

It wasn't much of anything.

The cell phone and DX Cluster showed a few NPOTA stations on the air at the time. I couldn't hear any of them.  I listened for a bit on both 17 and 20 Meters and the signals that I did hear were few and far between. So I began to call CQ.  After about 5 minutes worth on 17 Meters, I moved back to 20 Meters and called there.

In between calls on 14.061 MHz, I heard someone else start to call CQ below me.  It was RA1M/MM.  I moved down to 14.060 MHz, called and got an answer.

It was Stepan who was off the coast of Newfoundland.


Not only was he Maritme Mobile, but he was also using a KX3 at 5 Watts, so it ended up being a 2X QRP KX3 QSO. 

Cool!

Stepan was my only catch for the day as it was time to come back into the office after we finished.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment