Monday, May 23, 2016

Back in the saddle again!

Woo Hoo!

The tendinitis in my ankle still has me wearing my "boot". However, it feels good enough to allow me to hobble down the basement in order to get back behind the radio. So I was happy to work five NPOTA ATNOs this weekend!

I have 112 confirmed, with two of the five from this weekend. Once the other three logs are posted, I should be up to 115 confirmed.  What was even cooler is that four of the five QSOs were CW QSOs. I am so much more used to working CW pileups than SSB pileups. I manage, but I feel slightly like a duck out of water when using the microphone. In a CW pileup, I feel like it's just a matter of time, while in a SSB pileup, I keep my fingers crossed the whole time.

Next weekend in the USA is Memorial Day Weekend, which is the "unofficial" beginning of Summer.  It's my humble opinion that this will bring out a lot more NPOTA activations, with folks having vacation time, and/or wanting to spend their weekends outdoors, if at all possible.

The Activator bug is biting me again, causing me to itch.  I'm thinking that WR03, the Delaware National Scenic River is a possibility. Maybe Washington's Crossing Park.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least@

No comments:

Post a Comment